6 Steps to Create Proper Interoffice Memo Easily
If you are working within a team you may notice that sometimes you need to leave an interoffice memo for your colleagues at your office. This memo is not just a memo because sometimes it can be formal and should be written clearly. Although there is an informal interoffice memorandum, this type is still about business and it is for the public. It means you need to know about it more.
Knowing Your Interoffice Memo
Probably you have seen this before but you don’t have any idea about it. This kind of memo is a written memo that you will find in your office. Your manager or supervisor usually the one who writes it for all the staff or co-worker.
Writing interoffice memo has many purposes such as to update new projects, bring an important message or to remind upcoming project or agenda. Since this memo is usually used for business purpose, it is important to notice how to write. There is a proper format that you need to understand so your memo is understandable enough as a communication tool. It is also to make sure that your co-worker or staffs receive the information clearly.
Guide to Write Memo
After you know the definition, now it is time for you to follow the steps to make a proper memo for your colleagues in your office.
- The first thing is to prepare the paper type, many people choose A4 or US Letter size. You can choose it depends on the text you will write. This business memo is usually in a printed paper which means you need to type it.
- When you start working on it, do not forget to write “memo” at the top side of the paper. You can choose to write it on the left or center side of the paper. Make it bold so your colleagues easily notice that it is important.
- After that, write the date, subject, to and from in separated line. These four things are important and every business memo should contain those three words. Make sure you write these four words clearly and avoid typo when you write for those four.
- The next thing you should notice when you write an interoffice memo is to write some short introduction about your memo. The better introduction is the one that contains the information of who, where, when and why of a thing you try to communicate.
- After that, explain about it in simple and clear words. Add any certain information that you want them to know. And the last, do not forget to write thanking message and some additional information such as a deadline.
- The last thing you need to maintain a professional tone and make sure that your language is formal and easy to understand. Never put any personal statement on your memo. It is also important to keep in mind that you may highlight the important part of the memo.
Avoid grammar error and typos because a number of people will read it. You can try to browse the sample of an interoffice memo or even the template so you can create on your own.
- 9+ Basic Sheet Template
- 9+ Business Memo Template Designs for Effective and Efficient Message
- 10+ Business Fax Cover Sheet Template
- 8+ Basic Fax Cover Sheet Template
- 10+ Legal Memo Template Ideas
- 8+ Cover Sheet Template
- 20+ Sign up Sheet Template Online for Easy Management
- 10+ Client Information Sheet Template
- 10+ Executive Summary Example is very Important for each Business and Research
- 7+ Printable Receipt Templates
- 4+ Army Memorandum Template to Convey Formal Message and Instructions
- 20+ Requisition Form Example Template
- 20+ Eviction Notice Template to Avoid the Delinquent Tenants
- 7+ Fact Sheet Template to Convey the most Important Information Easily
- 3+ Lease Receipt Template
- 2+ Binder Cover Sheet Template
- 6+ Nursing Note Templates
- 13+ Pay Stub Template Excel
- 10+ Table of Contents Template for You
- 9+ Medical Fax Cover Sheet Template